COLD Arbor farm, macclesfieldone of our largest projects to date, involving masonry works to three dwellings as well as extensive external work.
ONE OF OUR LARGEST PROJECTS TO DATE, INVOLVING MASONRY WORKS TO THREE DWELLINGS AS WELL AS EXTENSIVE EXTERNAL WORK.
WHILE WORKING ON A NEARBY SCHEME FOR THE SAME DEVELOPER, LYONS WAS COMMISSIONED TO CARRY OUT REPAIRS TO THIS GRADE II LISTED FARM AND BARN.
Further tasks were added to our work package as the project went on, so that we also provided stoneworks to the adjacent new build house and garages and extra external work to the farm.
In the end, we were on site from start to finish and used each of our in-house skillsets on the project, including:
- groundworkers (underpinning)
- dry stone wallers (external walling, reandom stone outer walls and isolated rebuilding)
- fixer masons (stone repairs, new internal stone cills, crack stitching)
- pointers/restorers (surface repairs and lime pointing)
- stone cleaners (DOFF cleaning and sealing)
- banker masons (carving replacement masonry and cutting signage)
- bricklayers and masons building new outbuilding and garages.
A gratifying venture for us, and a happy client.
“We have been completely satisfied with the quality, management and conduct of Lyons Stonework, particularly on the listed building where its expertise and knowledge proved invaluable.”
“Given the long lead times the industry is currently experiencing, their contacts in sourcing materials cost effectively and promptly helped mitigate cost variations on the listed building.”
“We would have no hesitations in using Lyons again or in recommending them for similar work to others.”
Nigel Galleymore, Commercial Director, Jones Homes (North West) Ltd.
Details of Work Included:
- Significant structural repairs to listed stone building.
- Stripping of roof to buildings
- Production of new masonry
External garden walling, entrance piers and signage
- Feature well
- DOFF cleaning and sealing using specialist breathable chemicals
- Templating, production and site fixing of replacement stonework to original house
- Lime pointing
- Brick and stonework to new build house and garages
- Crack stitching